Lauren Arasim, a southern California native, has been playing the harp since the year 2000. She earned a Masters Degree in music performance under the tutelage of Dr. Carrol McLaughlin with special studies in jazz and electronic music from The University of Arizona and both a Bachelors Degree in music performance under the tutelage of Mindy Ball and a Bachelors Degree in music education from the Hall Musco Conservatory of Music at Chapman University.
Her performance experience includes a stadium concert with Placido Doming in Hermosillo Mexico, a performing member of the world renowned harp ensemble HarpFusion, a performing member of the electronic ensemble CrossTalk, Walt Disney Concert Hall, The California Center for the Arts Escondido, and Copley Symphony Hall. Lauren has been a hand double, coach, composer, and recording artist for the film “Sarah Through The Wall”. She was a studio harpist for the video game " La Enstranger”.
Lauren currently works at PIA a Creative Drive Company as an audio engineer, sound designer, and composer. She is also featured on the sound logo for Creative Drive. Lauren has two solo recordings, “The Watchman” and “Breathe In”, that are jazz inspired, improvisational pieces and a self published piece of sheet music entitled “Spanish Storm”. In the past, she has been signed and recorded with Vico Road Records and has also recorded at Sacred Cat Records.
Although classically trained, Lauren is not your typical harpist. She will surprise you with her music when you hear her play classic rock, pop, Latin, jazz, and blues. She is currently collaborating with world renowned blues musician/singer Nathan James. Lauren is also passionate about shedding a new light on the once classical instrument by playing an electro-acoustic harp with guitar effect pedals and performing rock and pop covers as well as original compositions that are blues and jazz inspired.
Private Harp Instructor
- Self-employed teaching harp to beginning to advanced players ages seven through adult.
- Audio engineer, sound designer, audio editor, and composer at The PIA Agency in Carlsbad, CA.
- Performing at special events and weddings including: Wilson Creek Winery, Temecula, CA; Temecula International Film and Music Festival; Tea at The West Gate Hotel, Gas Lamp District, San Diego; CAHoliday Home Tour; Inland Valley Opera; International Art Exhibition; Santa Rosa Ecological Preserve; Spring Garden Tour; Women of Chapman Tea; Sunday Brunch at the Westin La Paloma, Tucson, AZ.
The Nutcracker Ballet
- Principle harpist with Symphony Irvine for annual Nutcracker performance in 2017.
Placido Domingo-Hermosillo State Orchestra
- Principle harpist with the Hermosillo State Orchestra for a stadium concert with Placido Domingo in Hermosillo, Mexico.
- Performing member of the world renowned touring harp ensemble for two years.
- Performing member of the electronic percussion ensemble with electric harp.
Coordinator/ Teaching Assistant for Arizona Harp Experience
- Teaching assistant for the annual Arizona Harp Experience in Tucson, AZ and Park City, UT from 2009 to 2015. Responsibilities include room scheduling; managing eight assistant teachers; transportation; running errands; managing performances; assisting students; facilitating buddy practices (short lessons/practice time with individual students); and camp set up and tear down.
Music at the Malloy: Lauren Arasim and Friends
- Solo music showcase with a trio (Katie Eikam: drums, Albert Alva, bass guitar, Anna Turkisher, vocals) performing Blues, Jazz, Folk, and Country music in 2015.
Chapman University Wassail Concert
- Annual Christmas concert with the Chapman University Hall Musco Conservatory of music. Taped and broadcast on KCET and PBS each year from 2012 to 2014.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts
- Performance with The Chapman Orchestra and Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra in 2014.
- Recorded a piece for a CD for the Chapman University Conservatory of Music.
- Harpist on a recording session for a video game (title not released).
“Sarah Through The Wall”
- Worked as a hand double, recording artist, and composer for the film “Sarah Through The Wall”.
Rancho Community Church
- Performing with the Rancho Community Church Orchestra on various programs.
Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Performance with the Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra in 2012.
Copley Symphony Hall
- Performance with the San Diego Civic Youth Orchestra in 2007 and 2008.
The Nutcracker Ballet
- Performed with the San Diego Civic Youth Orchestra in 2007 and 2008 in the pit at the California Center for Performing Arts, Escondido.
University of Arizona
- Masters of Music in Music Performance, Harp
- Special studies in jazz and electronic music.
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance, Harp
- Bachelor of Music in Music Education, Instrumental emphasis
Mount San Jacinto College
- Associate of Arts in Music
- Associate of Arts in Humanities
Graduate Teaching Assistantship, University of Arizona
Music Education Award: Instrumental Emphasis, Chapman University
Beckman Coulter Inc. Scholarship